INNOVATION SPRINT™ IN ACTION
Since we launched Innovation Sprint in mid-2020, leading brands have used our tech-forward collaborative approach to accelerate their development timelines and launch new products and services. This breakthrough insights approach is built on a framework of custom modules so it can be tailored to each brand’s specific issues and needs. This is how large global food company generated 100 ideas and a final 15 priority concepts for further development.
The immersive and contextual approach delivered powerful, nuanced consumer understanding and inspiration for the brand team.”
A large, global food company had a limited understanding of its target consumer and wanted ideation inspiration in a rapidly growing and evolving category. It sought a comprehensive, integrated exploration of the motivations, triggers, and needs of consumers to inspire creativity and a clear action plan.
Custom Sprint Approach:
- Phase 1: An Online Bulletin Board provided free-form consumer input so team could pick ideal participants for Phase 2.
- Phase 2: In-Home Ethnographies generated a contextual and behavioral understanding of the food and diet wants, needs, and experiences of the target consumer.
- Phase 3: A one-day Immersion Excursion at popular diet-forward restaurants served as inspiration for the team and helped
identify potential opportunity areas.
- Phase 4: A one-day Facilitated Virtual Insight and Activation Session with the brand team aligned opportunity areas.
- Phase 5: A facilitated 3-day virtual session provided final ideation and refinement of opportunity spaces.
The immersive and contextual approach delivered powerful, nuanced consumer understanding and inspiration for the brand team. Nearly 100 ideas were generated, the final team sessions led to a focus on 15 priority concepts for further development.
Learn more about Innovation Sprint and why it’s the insights approach of choice for leading brands in all industries.